BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

9 Months Old (April 23rd)

My little Emslee Grace is growing up so fast (I say this a lot don't I)!  Here are some interesting facts about my little girl at 9 months:




*She LOVES to take baths...yep hasn't changed.  She loves having water poured over her and kicking and splashing while laying flat on her back.  Emslee will try to drink the water and catch it in her hands.  I love how she gets this grin on her face when I'm about it rub soap on her and as soon as I touch her with the soap she immediately starts kicking her legs with excitement! 
*She has gone swimming a few times and I think she secretly wants to be a fish lol.  I think she'd live in water if she could.  I'm looking into getting her swim lessons soon.
*Emslee can crawl (as of 8 months and 1 day) and is into EVERYTHING!!!!  I caved and got a gate to keep her locked up in her room so that I can actually get things done and not have to keep her out of things.  She is also pulling herself up to a standing position all the time and will take steps if we hold her hands.  I bet she'll be walking in another month or so.
*Emslee still loves milk, sweet potatoes, squash, all fruits, and mixed veggie dinners.  She LOVES To eat and eats 6-8 jars of baby food a day on top of nursing 4-5 times a day and snacking on puffs. 
*She weighs 19lbs 8 oz and is 28 1/4 inches long.  She grew 2 inches in length since February!
*Emslee can say mom, dada, and bath (well she's said it a few times).  She babbles all the time and yes she squeals loudly still!  She is giving me back what I'm sure I gave my parents growing up!  She's a motor mouth.
*She sleeps from 7pm-6am everyday!  Hallelujah!! She also takes 2-3 one hour naps as well. 
*Emslee is very strong-willed and stubborn. She will literally kick and scream if she doesn't get what she wants...though not all the time.  Hence the introduction of the wooden spoon.  She now knows that if she is doing something she shouldn't that I will calmly explain to her not to do it and give her a warning, then if she does it again she gets spanked.  This has made a HUGE difference and now just seeing the spoon helps her overcome the temptation to disobey. 
*She can clap her hands and wave!  She tends to mix up the two (like clap when daddy leaves for work), but she is able to do them well. 
*Emslee LOVES (sorry to overuse the word) music and dancing.  She dances to any sound that happens in a rhythm or when just happy.  Her dancing consists of rocking back and forth (front to back, not side to side).  She looks adorable doing it.
*Emslee is also in love with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She watches it every morning and dances along with the music and grunts at the characters.  It's cute!
*She is giggling more than she used to, but still not as much as I'd like.  Oh well...
*Emslee still has NO TEETH....I have no more to say about this....
*Her favorite toys are her nesting cups, teething rings, musical toys....and now....anything that's not a "toy" that she can pick up and chew on.
*She is wearing clothes from 6 months-18 months.  It depends on the brand, but the majority of clothes she wears now are 9-12 months.  The 6-9 month clothes fit better in her belly (width) and the 12-18 month clothes fit better in her length. 



Emslee Grace, I am so proud to call you my daughter!  You have made me a mommy!  Everyday I love you more and I can't believe that you are mine!  Daddy and I are so blessed that God gave you to us and we pray we train you up in a godly way!  Our lives are so much better with you in them and we can't wait to see how you grow in the years to come!!! 

0 comments: